Unplanned Pregnancy Support for Men
Think she’s pregnant? We’re here to help and provide support for men during an unplanned pregnancy. Get the answers you need today. Brenham Pregnancy Center offers free lab-grade pregnancy testing and ultrasound confirmation. Find out for sure if she’s pregnant before making any decisions or rushing to any conclusions. Request an appointment today.
Find out for sure if she’s really pregnant. We offer laboratory-quality urine pregnancy tests that are administered by one of our licensed nurses.
A positive pregnancy test (including those taken at home) suggests a high probability that she is pregnant. However, the result should be confirmed by a limited obstetric ultrasound.
Once she’s missed a period, everything can change – fast. What happens next may be her decision, but most women really care where their guy is coming from.
Here are a few steps to making the best choice for both of you – together:
- Make sure she’s pregnant. Offer to go with her to the appointment.
- Learn about your options. She’s carrying the baby, but suddenly you are both parents. What does that mean?
- Listen to her thoughts & feelings. What excites her? What does she fear?
- Share your thoughts & feelings. If you aren’t sure how to start, say something like “when you told me your period was late, I felt ____, because ____. Now that I’ve had a little time to think about it, & hear what you are saying, I feel ____, because ____.” Consider talking with others who are close to you too.
- Let her know how important she is to you. Don’t pressure her about the pregnancy or check out. Instead, commit to exploring your options together and getting whatever help you need to make your relationship better than ever.
We’re here to provide support for men throughout the pregnancy journey. Process what pregnancy means for you & her. Contact us to talk with someone who understands.